Microsoft released Technical Preview 1805 for System Center Configuration Manager at the Midwest Management Summit.
Starting with TP1805, you no longer need to have PKI certs or HTTPS management points for AAD auth on CMG. Because you shouldn’t have to architect a cloud solution. This also means that AAD auth can “just work” on MPs and DPs in your intranet.
Below are a list of what’s new.
Technical Preview version 1805
- Create a phased deployment with manually configured phases for a task sequence
- Cloud distribution point support for Azure Resource Manager
- Take actions based on management insights
- Transition device configuration workload to Intune using co-management
- Enable distribution points to use network congestion control
- Cloud management dashboard
- Improved secure client communications
- Improvements for enabling third-party software update support
- Improvements to Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequence
- CMTrace installed with client
- Improvement to the Configuration Manager console
- Improvements to console feedback
- Improvements to PXE-enabled distribution points
- Improvement to hardware inventory for large integer values
- Improvement to WSUS maintenance
- Improvement to support for CNG certificates
You can also query for real time data using CMPivot.
For more info about this release please see below
Pingback: System Center Mayıs 2018 Bülten – Sertaç Topal