Microsoft have just released updated clients for additional operating systems such as Linux or Mac on Microsoft Download here.
Supported Operating Systems
The supported operating systems are listed below.
The following Mac versions are supported in this release:
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
The following UNIX and Linux versions are supported in this release.
- AIX Version 5.3, 6.1, 7.1
- Solaris Version 9, 10, 11
- HP-UX Version 11iv2 , 11iv3
- RHEL Version 4, 5, 6, 7
- SLES Version 9, 10, 11, 12
- CentOS Version 5, 6, 7
- Debian Version 5, 6, 7
- Ubuntu Version 10.04 LTS, 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS
- Oracle Linux 5, 6
Additional client support can be used to gather software inventory or hardware inventory, reporting or software installation. For details about how you can install the client on Linux based computers see this post I wrote previously.