For those of you still running System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1, CU5 is now available for download.
See the following KB 2978017 – Description of Cumulative Update 5 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1.
Issues that are fixed
- The Continue on error check box is not selected under Task Sequences when an Install Software step and a Virtual Application package are defined as the source. This affects only task sequences that are migrated from Configuration Manager 2007 to System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- The Task Sequence Agent (TSAgent) does not use the logging-related values that are set in the following registry subkey on a client computer:
- 2961924 A command-line action that has a linked package doesn’t start in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- 2923078 Reporting Services installation fails on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 that has SQL Server 2014 installed
- 2931044 Discovery Data Manager slows when it rebuilds .ncf files on startup in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
- Applications cannot be changed or copied after they are migrated from one System Center 2012 Configuration Manager site to another site. Messages that resemble the following are logged in the Distmgr.log file after you try to make changes:
Package <PkgID> is in Pending state and will not be processed
- 2952686 You cannot install an application by using stand-alone media in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
Configuration Manager client
- The SMS Agent Host service may stop unexpectedly in an environment that uses multiple overlapping boundary groups that are configured for automatic site assignment. The ScanAgent.log file contains an entry that resembles the following:
[FATAL ERROR] Invalid params exception was raised.
- When you view the Primary Device that is associated with a user, you may see other devices that have the same name, even if they are associated with a different user.
Additional changes that are included in this update
Cloud-based distribution points
- Newly created cloud-based distribution points use a “Family 2” (Windows Server 2008 R2) Guest operating system. Existing cloud-based distribution points can be upgraded to Family 2 by using the Microsoft Azure portal.
Additionally, a possible race condition that affects distribution point status is resolved. To learn about this issue, see the following System Center Configuration Manager Team Blog article:
- This update adds Ubuntu version 14.04 to the list of supported platforms for software distribution.
The non-Windows client update that provides the corresponding Ubuntu support is available from the Microsoft Download Center. Learn about this non-Windows Client update for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Mac OS X 10.9 is added to list of supported platforms for software distribution and configuration items.
- This cumulative update includes an updated version of the Endpoint Protection client. For more information, see the following Microsoft TechNet blogs:
How to obtain Cumulative Update 5 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
A supported update is available from Microsoft Support. However, this update is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this update only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This update might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by these problems, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this update.
If the update is available for download, there is a “Hotfix download available” section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the update.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific update. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website:
Note The “Hotfix download available” form displays the languages for which this update is available. If you do not see your language, it is because an update is not available for that language.
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Note We recommend that you close the Configuration Manager Administrator Console before you install this update.
Update replacement information
This update replaces Cumulative Update 4 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1.