If you were ever frustrated with having to use several different Microsoft Portals for managing Microsoft subscriptions, well there’s some good news, Microsoft has listened and will combine the Microsoft Intune account portal with the Office 365 management portal.
What functionality is now available in the Office 365 management portal?
- Subscription activation, modification, renewal, cancellation, and invoicing
- Domain setup and modification
- User and license management, and admin role configuration
- Direct partner functionality, including sending offers and delegation invitations
- Service health status
- Service request ticketing
As an existing Intune customer, what differences can I expect when using the Office 365 management portal?
- User management has a new flow with more options and greater control when setting passwords
- When setting up a new tenant, you’ll find that subscription activation is a more guided experience and trial subscriptions no longer require a mailing address
- Subscriptions with only a few users or recently created subscriptions can be cancelled
- The domain setup wizard provides registrar-specific guidance for creating the required DNS records
- The purchase tab lists all offers available for both Intune and Office
via > http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoftintune/archive/2015/09/01/intune-and-ems-subscriptions-now-available-in-the-office-365-portal.aspx